About the Program
The State of Wyoming provides school districts with additional funding for CTE courses using the Education Resource Block Grant Model. This model provides funding for CTE in two ways: 1) Additional funding for teachers based on students in grades 9-12 taking CTE courses approved by the WDE; 2) Resources for CTE equipment and supplies are based on an additional amount per teacher FTE.
The model is based upon the following information:
- The number of students in grades 9-12 participating in CTE programs on a full-time equivalency (FTE) basis.
- A CTE program, in grades 9-12, consisting of a sequence of 3 or more CTE courses in an occupational area or career cluster that provides technical knowledge, skills or proficiencies.
- The number of full-time equivalent (FTE) CTE teachers within the school providing instruction in grades 9-12 and certified by the Wyoming professional teaching standards board.
CTE Course Approvals
The Wyoming State Department of Education uses the Vocational Education Worksheets to review courses for additional funding under the education resource block grant model. Forms should be submitted in July proceeding the funding year. The initial course approval list will be posted on Fusion by January. Local course titles will not be posted, but rather the course title associated with specific SCED code submitted for each course. In order for courses to be approved for additional funding, they must meet the following criteria:
- Have a certified CTE teacher instructing the course;
- Have a sequence of three courses within a career cluster;
- Courses must be taught in grades 9-12 and within the local high school.
For questions regarding the WDE forms or data collection, please contact Brian Wuerth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-777-6748. For questions regarding the CTE course approval list, please contact Ilaine Brown at email@example.com or 307-777-3549.