Dr. Michelle Aldrich
“At least one staff member at every Wyoming school (K-12) will have received the course by 2020.” – Superintendent Jillian Balow
The Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Courses provide a complete set of best practices for facilitating career development in multiple settings and for all ages. These courses are provided in order to support the implementation of more robust career development programs in all Wyoming schools and to ensure consistency in the delivery of content and best practices in career development. Course completers receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to apply for the Global Career Development Facilitator Credential and certification as a Career Services Provider. School staff, counselors, administrators, and teachers whose roles will include coordinating career development and exploration programming in their respective schools are encouraged to attend.
Courses will be offered in a hybrid format (in-person and online).
The course content focuses on twelve career-related competencies, developed by a national team of experts and practitioners through the National Career Development Association.
The purpose of these trainings is to promote equity in Career and Technical Education (CTE). Through recruitment and retention of special populations this will result in successful completion of a CTE program of study in preparation for high-skill, high-wage and high-need employment.
The Wyoming Department of Education’s CTE team offers nine different SPOT Trainings. Each session is available through Canvas.
- Recruitment and Retainment of Homeless Students Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment of Low-Income Students Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment Non-Traditional Students Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment Special Needs Students Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment Native American Students Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment English Language Learners Students Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment Students of Military Families Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment Teen Parents/Pregnant Women Students Enrolled in CTE.
- Recruitment and Retainment Foster Care Students enrolled in CTE.
Participants can complete these trainings at their convenience. Participants will earn .5 PTSB credits for every 4 trainings completed.