March 8, 2016
Agenda includes updates from Superintendent Balow, new information about Wyoming Content & Performance Standards for Science
CHEYENNE– The Wyoming State Board of Education (SBE) will hold a regular meeting on March 17-18, 2016 in Hulett. The meeting will be held at the Hulett Community Center located at 401 Sager Street.
The board will hear reports from Superintendent Balow; SBE coordinator, Paige Fenton Hughes; and Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) liaison, Brent Young, on a number of topics, including 2016 legislative tasks and Native American education. The Wyoming Content and Performance Standards for Science, and the 2014 English and Language Arts extended standards will then be discussed.
The following business will also occur:
- Updates on the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) grant meeting
- Education Commission of State’s Off-Cycle Review of Standards
- Updates on the Every Student Succeeds Act
- Approval of the final order on the Guild Charter School hearing
- A comprehensive update from the WDE on the Wyoming Statewide System of Support
The board will take action on:
- Chapter 31 rules revisions, a potential provider for Court Ordered Placed Students
- Wyoming Content and Performance Science Standards
- Revision of the 2014 ELA Extended Standards for public comment
The board will then convene as the State Board of Vocational Education, and action will be requested for approval on the Perkins State Plan letter.
The full agenda is available here: edu.wyoming.gov/board/meeting-materials/. All meetings are open to the public. You can join the meeting at gotomeet.me/WYOSBE, or dial 1-657-220-3412, access code: 568-910-149.
For further information or questions, please contact Chelsie Oaks at (307) 777-6213 or Chelsie.Oaks@wyo.gov.
Paige Fenton Hughes