The 2023 Embracing Literacy Conference will be held in-person in Laramie, Wyoming at Laramie High School on June 21 – 22, 2023 and virtually on June 27 – 28, 2023. The conference will focus on evidence-based practices required for all students to become readers and writers. Conference strands range from pre-k through secondary and topics include oral language development, phonemic awareness, vocabulary development, word reading skills, comprehension of complex texts, and writing in content areas.
Attendees can earn up to two University of Wyoming or PTSB credits for attending, one for the in-person session and one for the virtual portion. Different keynote speakers, presentations and topics will be covered during the in-person and virtual sessions. Attending all four days of the conference will be beneficial to educators who wish to grow, learn and be challenged to promote literacy in their roles.
Keynote speakers include:
- Natalie Wexler, author and writer.
- Claude Goldenberg, Nomellini & Olivier Professor of Education, emeritus, Graduate School of Education, Stanford University.
- Brittney Bills, independent literacy consultant.
- Susan Lambert, chief academic officer for elementary humanities, Amplify; host, Science of Reading: The Podcast.
- Jan Hasbrouck, researcher, educational consultant and author.
Register for the 2023 Embracing Literacy Conference. You can also learn more about conference presenters, view session descriptions, or a review the schedule of presentations.
For more information, contact Denise Fertig, CLSD Project Manager, at 307-777-5761 or email@example.com.