The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is seeking nominations for schools transforming education experiences and how the impact of these projects can be heard through the voices of their students. Nominations should include schools working to meet the needs of digital learners through project based learning experiences with a special emphasis on preparing students for the workforce.
- Nominations should be of schools/districts that are transforming their educational practices through the unique use of digital age tools and resources.
- Nominations should include examples of project-based, digital learning experiences that help bridge the skills gap and build a diverse talent pipeline for the jobs of today and the future.
- Special consideration will be given to nominees that include examples of how the project impacts the local or national community and/or workforce development. For example:
- Programs that support workforce
- School/students collaborated with the business community
- Schools/students worked with local governments to solve a problem
- Nominees should be product/service agnostic in their applications and presentations.
- Nominees should be able to share how their initiative aligns with the state’s learning goals (i.e. state ESSA plan and/or state digital learning plan).
- Nominations should be written in 3rd person, complete, specific to academic innovations and free of grammatical errors.
- Districts have the option to nominate a consortium of districts for a particular program, however, they must identify one lead district for communication purposes.
Applications must be received by March 20, 2020.
Please note that applications cannot be saved half way through. It is recommended that you answer the questions in a Google or Word Document and copy and paste into the application. In addition, there is a strict character limit. It will not allow additional characters which may cut off your response. Please check your characters prior to submitting the application.