2019-20 CTE Professional Development Grant
Applications for the 2019-20 Professional Development Grant are closed, and will reopen in 2020.
This grant can be used to send CTE professionals from your district to one of a variety of CTE PD opportunities:
- State and National Conferences
- Training and Technical Assistance related to Innovations in CTE
- Career Pathways Development
- Integration of Academics and CTE
- Federal Accountability and Reporting Requirements for Perkins
- Or any conference that can award industry-recognized CTE credentials to attendees
The grant may also be used to bring a speaker or a trainer to your facility. In this case, the training must:
- Be CTE content-specific
- Be open to other CTE educators around the state to attend
- Not be a 1-day or short term training
The grant can’t be used to pay for food or beverages, or anything else specifically disallowed by the Carl D. Perkins act of 2006.
Applications are reviewed and scored by a committee at the WDE. Amounts awarded may be up to $5,000. Recipients must either provide a workshop at the annual WACTE conference, or participate in a dissemination activity for other educators.