CTE Professional Development Grant
Applications for the Professional Development Grant have opened. This grant can be used to send CTE professionals from your district to one of a variety of CTE PD opportunities:
- State and National Conferences
- Training and Technical Assistance related to Innovations in CTE
- Career Pathways Development
- Integration of Academics and CTE
- Federal Accountability and Reporting Requirements for Perkins
- Or any conference that can award industry-recognized CTE credentials to attendees
The grant may also be used to bring a speaker or a trainer to your facility. In this case, the training must:
- Be CTE content-specific
- Be open to other CTE educators around the state to attend
- Not be a 1-day or short term training
Applications are reviewed and scored by a committee at the WDE. Amounts awarded may be up to $2,500. Recipients must either provide a workshop at the annual WACTE conference, or participate in a dissemination activity for other educators.
2020-21 CTE In-State Institutions Grant Application
The Carl D. Perkins Act of 2006 promulgated federal funding in a formula grant award to support Career & Technical Education (CTE) at the secondary and post-secondary levels. The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) sets aside a portion of this funding to “…serve individuals in State institutions, such as State correctional institutions and institutions that serve individuals with disabilities.”
This application is for eligible state institutions who are interested in starting or improving an innovative CTE or career development program. Applications will be reviewed and scored by a grant review committee. Amounts awarded will be equal to or less than $10,000 for single institutions. There will be five awards. The deadline for submission of this application is September 1, 2020. Grants will be awarded on October 1, 2020. All funds must be expended by June 30, 2021.