Information for District Personnel

Overview of Hathaway Scholarship Program

Common Questions

Q: What are the new scholarship dollar amounts?
A: Beginning in fall of 2014, the the new per-semester amounts are as follows:

  • Honors: $1680
  • Performance: $1260
  • Opportunity: $840
  • Provisional Opportunity: $840

Q: Can I take the SAT instead of the ACT and still qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship?
A: Yes. Click here for the concordance tables.

Q: Regarding the new requirements for 2016 graduates and beyond, do the districts need to submit their fine arts and career and technical courses to the Wyoming Department of Education?
A: Yes, at this time districts do have to submit their FA and CTE courses on their Hathaway Success Curriculum to the WDE. While hose courses will be determined at the local level, the department does ask the districts to list those courses.  Likewise, districts do need to denote those courses as Hathaway courses on the students transcripts. Districts will also need to include those courses, along with SCED codes on the WDE 638 collection. To find out more about the 638 collection, click here.

Q: Do I have to apply for the FAFSA to be eligible for the Hathaway Scholarship?
A: No, students do not have to fill out the FAFSA for the merit Hathaway Scholarships (Honors $1,680, Performance $1,260, Opportunity $840, Provisional Opportunity $840), however, to determine eligibility for the need-based Hathaway Scholarship, students must fill out the FAFSA.

Q: I just graduated from high school and qualify for the Hathaway Scholarship. Who do I contact to receive my Hathaway Scholarship?
A: Be sure you have filled out the necessary information for the Wyoming college you plan to attend. Admissions representatives at each college are there to help students take the proper steps towards enrolling and completing applications. Click here for college Hathaway Scholarship Coordinator contact information.

Q: Can I use my Hathaway Scholarship to earn a certificate at a Wyoming community college?
A: Yes.