WDE 3rd-Party Billing Policy is Open for Public Comment November 1 through November 30, 2014.
Methods for Ensuring Services: Third Party Billing Policy and Procedures under Part B of the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
Who: Those individuals wishing to provide comment regarding proposed policy and procedures under Part B of the IDEA for obtaining parental consent for the use of public benefits or insurance (e.g., Medicaid).
What is proposed:
Links to proposed WDE Policy and three (3) supporting documents:
- Method of Ensuring Services: Third Party Billing Policy and Procedures
- Consent to Release Information and Access Public Benefits Model Form
- Consent to Release Information and Access Private Insurance Model Form
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards Model Document
Why new policy and procedures are necessary:
- February 14, 2013, the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) published final regulations to amend 34 C.F.R. §300.154 governing the use of public benefits or insurance (e.g. Medicaid).
- The United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) requires each state to develop policy and procedures to be in compliance with the federal regulations as amended. A U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) Web Page includes a Q& A guidance document and one-page summary of the amended regulation.
How to provide comment:
Written comment will be received at WDE from November 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014. Written comment can be submitted by email to email@example.com or mailed to Special Education Comments, Wyoming Department of Education, 320 West Main Street, Riverton, WY 82501. All comments must be received by November 30, 2014
Public hearing is scheduled for November 13, 2014 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. MST via Wyoming Equality Network (WEN) video sites. The following WEN sites have been selected for public verbal comment.
125 College Dr.
Library Room 102
Contact: Sandy Hanify 307-268-2265
Laramie County Community College
1400 East College Dr.
Education & Enrichment Center, Room 132
Contact: Austin Mathews 307-778-1306
231 West 6th St.
Building MB Room 108
Contact: Ronda Peer 307-754-6123
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Avenue.
Intertribal Center, Room 121
Contact: Liz Butters 307-855-2216
3059 Coffeen Ave.
Griffith Memorial Building, Library, Conf. Room 164.
Contact: Jana Clements 307-674-6446 ext 2841