|Health Programs||Safety Programs|
Safe and Drug-Free Schools
This program supports prevention activities in the area of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, and violence.
Traffic Safety and Driver Education
These programs deal with teaching driver education and traffic safety in K-12 schools.
HIV, STD, & Pregnancy Prevention
This program conducts activities that establish, strengthen, or expand HIV/STI prevention education and integrate education into school health programs.
Student and Facilities Safety
The WDE provides assistance to schools on matters of safety, security, bullying, pesticides, indoor air quality, terrorism, playgrounds, and hazardous materials.
21st Century CCLC Program
PAWS proficiency, graduation rates, remediation rates, and alcohol use are targeted areas of 21 CCLC.
The WDE provides technical assistance to school districts in the areas of busing, fleet management, and more.
Nutrition in Wyoming Schools
One of the WDE’s most important responsibilities is making sure Wyoming students receive healthy, nutritious meals.
WeTip Hotline 1-800-78-CRIME
The WeTip hotline is a valuable tool for students and staff members who know of a crime, but are afraid to tell anyone.
Health Education Content and Performance Standards
Links and Resources
- www.ed4ed4all.com (see the video about the dangerous youth activity called The Choking Game)
- Self-Administration of Medication Form
- Anti-Bullying Model Policy I
- Anti-Bullying Model Policy II
- Anti-bullying Tips for Parents
- Anti-bully Personal Contacts for Parents
- Anti-bully and School Safety Related Web Site List
- Promising Programs and Practices to De-bully Schools
- Parent Options for Bullied Kids (4th Edition)
- Security and Safety Measures
- School Facilities Hazardous Materials
- Student Tips to Avoid Cyber-Bullying
- Twenty Points to a Safer School
- How to De-Bully Your Classroom
- How to De-Bully Your Classroom (Short-form)
- WeTip Fact Sheet, (10/2013)