The 2013 Wyoming Foreign Language Content and Performance Standards were adopted in November 2013 and should be fully implemented in schools by the beginning of the 2016-17 school year.
Foreign Language Content & Performance Standards Downloads
- Standards 2013 Foreign Language (PDF)
- Standards 2008 Foreign Language (PDF)
- Standards 2008 Foreign Language (Word)
K-2 Foreign Language Instruction
Wyoming state law mandates that all school districts provide instruction in foreign languages to K-2 students (21-9-101(g)).
Salsa episodes and Teacher Support materials are recommended for use in K-2 Foreign language instruction. Salsa episodes are free and can be found online here: gpb.org/salsa
- Salsa Episode 1
- Salsa Episode 2
- Salsa Episode 3
- Salsa Episode 4
- Salsa Episode 5
- Salsa Episode 6
- Salsa Episode 7
- Salsa Episode 8
- Salsa Episode 9
- Salsa Episode 10
- Salsa Episode 11
- Salsa Episode 12
- Salsa Episode 13
- Salsa Episode 14
- Salsa Episode 15
- Salsa Episode 16
- Salsa Episode 17
- Salsa Episode 18
- Salsa Episode 19
- Salsa Episode 20
- Salsa Episode 21
- Salsa Episode 22
- Salsa Episode 23
- Salsa Episode 24
- Salsa Episode 25
- Salsa Episode 26
- Salsa Episode 27
- Salsa Episode 28
- Salsa Episode 29
- Salsa Episode 30
- Salsa Episode 31
- Salsa Episode 32
- Salsa Episode 33
- Salsa Episode 34
- Salsa Episode 35
- Salsa Episode 36
- Salsa Episode 37
- Salsa Episode 38
- Salsa Episode 39
- Salsa Episode 40
- Salsa Episode 41
- Salsa Episode 42
Dual Language Immersion Program
The Wyoming Legislature has provided $450,000.00 from the school foundation account to the Department of Education “to initiate a Dual Language Immersion Program within schools during school years 2014-15 and 2015-16” (2014 Wyoming Sessions Laws 113).
The purposes of this grant are to distribute financial assistance to school districts for the provision of Dual Language Immersion Programs and to require the use of a target foreign language during not less than 50% of student-teacher contact time during each school day.
Priority in funding shall be given to:
- New school districts/charters to Dual Language Immersion programs;
- New languages to current school districts offering a Dual Language Immersion program;
- School Districts that are expanding Dual Language Immersion program opportunities.
Districts and schools wishing to apply for these funds are asked to complete the application (link below). Schools are to receive the funding by August 15, 2015. The deadline to submit the application to the WDE is May 18, 2015.
- WFLTA (Wyoming Foreign Languages Teachers Association)
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages)
- National Network for Early Language Learning
- STARTALK The purpose of this website is to share information on implementing programs as well as to share resources on curriculum design, instructional materials, assessment tools, and useful links for strategically important world languages that are not widely taught in the US.
- JCPS World Language Documents These beautifully designed rubrics are by language level and coded by language. There are thematic unit assessments for both Interpersonal and Presentational Speaking that embed culture.
- National Foreign Language Standards
- TELL (Teacher Effectiveness for Language Learning) This is a collection of products and processes that can be used to enhance the effectiveness of world language teachers.
- 21st Century Skills Map This map provides educators, administrators and policymakers with concrete examples of how 21st Century Skills can be integrated into core subjects.
- Rosetta Stone Q&A
- The NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements are self-assessment checklists used by language learners to assess what they “can do” with language in the Interpersonal, Interpretive, and Presentational modes of communication.
- Path 2 Proficiency