Foreign Language Content/Performance Standards Downloads
- Standards 2013 Foreign Language (PDF)
- Standards 2008 Foreign Language (PDF)
- Standards 2008 Foreign Language (Word)
Dual Language Immersion Program
The Wyoming Legislature has provided $450,000.00 from the school foundation account to the Department of Education “to initiate a Dual Language Immersion Program within schools during school years 2014-15 and 2015-16″ (2014 Wyoming Sessions Laws 113).
The purposes of this grant is to distribute financial assistance to school districts for the provision of Dual Language Immersion Programs and to require the use of a target foreign language during not less than 50% of student-teacher contact time during each school day.
Priority in funding shall be given to:
- New school districts/charters to Dual Language Immersion programs;
- New languages to current school districts offering a Dual Language Immersion program;
- School Districts that are expanding Dual Language Immersion program opportunities.
Districts and schools wishing to apply for these funds are asked to complete the application (link below). Schools are to receive the funding by August 15, 2014. The deadline to submit the application to the WDE is July 7, 2014. For questions, please contact Robin Holbrook at email@example.com or 307-777-5217.
Teacher Support and Episodes
- WFLTA (Wyoming Foreign Languages Teachers Association)
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages)
- National Network for Early Language Learning
- STARTALK The purpose of this website is to share information on implementing programs as well as to share resources on curriculum design, instructional materials, assessment tools, and useful links for strategically important world languages that are not widely taught in the US.
- LinguaFolio LinguaFolio is a portfolio assessment instrument designed to support individuals in setting and achieving their goals for learning languages.
- JCPS Worls Language Documents These beautifully designed rubrics are by language level and coded by language. There are thematic unit assessments for both Interpersonal and Presentational Speaking that embed culture.
- National Foreign Language Standards
- TELL (Teacher Effectiveness for Language Learning) This is a collection of products and processes that can be used to enhance the effectiveness of world language teachers.
- 21st Century Skills Map This map provides educators, administrators and policymakers with concrete examples of how 21st Century Skills can be integrated into core subjects.
- Rosetta Stone Q&A
- The NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements are self-assessment checklists used by language learners to assess what they “can do” with language in the Interpersonal, Interpretive, and Presentational modes of communication.