The Professional Judgment Panel is a group of volunteers from across the state. To express interest in joining the panel, fill out the following survey by July 3, 2015: http://goo.gl/forms/woyPst9cx7.
During the meeting, the Board will work with Pascal Public Relations to create a communications plan, and explore ways to better communicate with all stakeholders who are interested in education, and to gather input from them.
The Board will hear reports from the SBE Coordinator and the WDE Liaison, and an update from WEA on recalibration.
The Wyoming Assessment Task Force will have multiple meetings to study options for future statewide assessments and to make a recommendation to the Wyoming State Board of Education and legislative committees.
The Wyoming Department of Education and State Board of Education will hold five regional community meetings to allow an opportunity for Wyoming residents to give input to the Science Standards Review Committee.
During the session, the Board will receive updates and information from the SBE coordinator and WDE, hear SBE committee reports, and work on the definition of a Wyoming high school graduate.
Wyoming residents interested in serving on the 2015 Wyoming Science Standards Review Committee are asked to take a short survey.
Agenda items include an update on science standards and establishing the assessment task force.
The board will receive updates and information from the SBE Coordinator and the WDE, take action on committee assignments, an online collaborative tool, a communication request for proposals, a contract for a consultant to facilitate the Professional Judgment Panel, a BOCES agreement for Hot Springs CSD #1, and will plan out the future meeting schedule.
Presentations on native education, early childhood and data security plan will be given.
- State Board of Education and Vocational Education to convene
- State Board of Education to hold public hearing
- 6/24/10 – State Board of Education confers accreditation to districts
- 6/9/10 – State Board of Education and Vocational Education to convene in Riverton
- 6/2/10 – Standards review process begins
- 4/23/10 – Bill Anthony receives Superintendent’s Award
- 4/13/10 – State Board of Education and Vocational Education to convene in Torrington
- 2/26/10 – Sandra Barton receives Superintendent’s Award
- 2/23/10 – State Board of Education to convene in Cheyenne
- 7/31/09 – State Board of Education to convene in Cheyenne
- 7/28/09 – Education summit to be held in Cheyenne
- 6/18/09 – State Board of Education confers accreditation to districts
- 6/18/09 – State Board of Education approves school restructuring plans
- 6/16/09 – State Board of Education to convene in Casper
- 8/17/08 – Wyoming State Board of Education accredits school districts
- 6/10/08 – State Board of Education to meet in Casper
- 5/9/08 – State Board of Education outlines direction for standards
- 5/2/08 – Timeline for cheyenne Classical Academy decision detailed
- 3/21/08 – State Board of Education to hold public hearing
- 3/17/08 – State Board of Education elects new officers