October 21, 2015
During the work session, the board will hear an update on the Statewide System of Support from Dr. Joel Dvorak and from the SBE coordinator about the SBE’s goals, the definition of a high school graduate, and legislative priorities. Action items include: approval of providers for court ordered placement of students, and a contract amendment to Pascal Public Relations.
The SBE will discuss and take action on the board’s October 15 report to the Legislative service Office, Chapter 31 Rules, and a contract amendment to Pascal Public Relations.
An update of the planning for a statewide system of support and draft recommendations from the statewide assessment task force highlighted the Wyoming State Board of Education meeting in Pinedale held September 23-25.
The Wyoming Board of Education will be meeting from September 23-25, 2015 in Pinedale.
The Wyoming State Board of Education took steps toward engaging the public by considering a comprehensive communication plan during their meeting on August 13. They also decided to move forward with a statewide system of support for school districts.
The Wyoming State Board of Education will hold a work and business session on August 13. The work session will include an update on the work of the Professional Judgement Panel and a proposed communication strategic plan. Action items for the meeting include restructuring plans, the Statewide System of Support, certified professional evaluations, and draft rules on district’s request for accountability determination.
The Wyoming State Board of Education will hold a special meeting to take action on the PODER Academy request for waiver of state law requirements.
During their July 27 meeting, the board received an overview of a collaborative education effort in Idaho, and approved a standards review timeline and Chapter 31 graduation requirements.
The Board will consider three action items during this meeting: Wyoming State System of Support, revisions to the Chapter 31 rules on graduation requirements, and the standards review timeline.
The Professional Judgment Panel is a group of volunteers from across the state. To express interest in joining the panel, fill out the following survey by July 3, 2015: http://goo.gl/forms/woyPst9cx7.
During the meeting, the Board will work with Pascal Public Relations to create a communications plan, and explore ways to better communicate with all stakeholders who are interested in education, and to gather input from them.
The Board will hear reports from the SBE Coordinator and the WDE Liaison, and an update from WEA on recalibration.
The Wyoming Assessment Task Force will have multiple meetings to study options for future statewide assessments and to make a recommendation to the Wyoming State Board of Education and legislative committees.
The Wyoming Department of Education and State Board of Education will hold five regional community meetings to allow an opportunity for Wyoming residents to give input to the Science Standards Review Committee.
During the session, the Board will receive updates and information from the SBE coordinator and WDE, hear SBE committee reports, and work on the definition of a Wyoming high school graduate.
Wyoming residents interested in serving on the 2015 Wyoming Science Standards Review Committee are asked to take a short survey.
Agenda items include an update on science standards and establishing the assessment task force.
The board will receive updates and information from the SBE Coordinator and the WDE, take action on committee assignments, an online collaborative tool, a communication request for proposals, a contract for a consultant to facilitate the Professional Judgment Panel, a BOCES agreement for Hot Springs CSD #1, and will plan out the future meeting schedule.
Presentations on native education, early childhood and data security plan will be given.
- State Board of Education and Vocational Education to convene
- State Board of Education to hold public hearing
- 6/24/10 – State Board of Education confers accreditation to districts
- 6/9/10 – State Board of Education and Vocational Education to convene in Riverton
- 6/2/10 – Standards review process begins
- 4/23/10 – Bill Anthony receives Superintendent’s Award
- 4/13/10 – State Board of Education and Vocational Education to convene in Torrington
- 2/26/10 – Sandra Barton receives Superintendent’s Award
- 2/23/10 – State Board of Education to convene in Cheyenne
- 7/31/09 – State Board of Education to convene in Cheyenne
- 7/28/09 – Education summit to be held in Cheyenne
- 6/18/09 – State Board of Education confers accreditation to districts
- 6/18/09 – State Board of Education approves school restructuring plans
- 6/16/09 – State Board of Education to convene in Casper
- 8/17/08 – Wyoming State Board of Education accredits school districts
- 6/10/08 – State Board of Education to meet in Casper
- 5/9/08 – State Board of Education outlines direction for standards
- 5/2/08 – Timeline for cheyenne Classical Academy decision detailed
- 3/21/08 – State Board of Education to hold public hearing
- 3/17/08 – State Board of Education elects new officers