Wyoming education partners support a student-centered learning system in which all Wyoming students graduate prepared and empowered to create and own their futures.
Lead collaborative partnerships in which student, teacher and administrative judgment are valued to craft policies and create future-focused systems oriented around the individual student by:
- Communicating the urgent need for transformational change
- Incentivizing innovative education
- Developing a system of district support
- Utilizing flexible measurements to gauge and celebrate successful change
Note: The State Board of Education also serves in the capacity of the State Board of Vocational Education.
- Facilitate the development of and implementation of a comprehensive, multi-tiered system of support focused on continuous improvement which provides assistance to schools not meeting expectations;
- Fostering understanding of the role, duties, and responsibilities of the state board;
- Stressing the importance of communities and families in supporting high-quality education for all Wyoming children;
- Sharing the importance of rigorous, college and career ready content and performance standards; and,
- Encouraging collaborative partnerships to collectively impact positive student outcomes.
- Set education policy to realize the Wyoming State Board of Education’s vision.
- Foster relationships between the Wyoming State Board of Education, Wyoming Department of Education, the State Legislator, and school districts.
- Support continuous improvement.
- Advocate on behalf of students, educators, and citizens.
Training Materials, Links, & Resources
- Dropout Prevention Toolkit
- Action Planning Guide Worksheet 2010
- What Your Community Can Do to End its Dropout Crisis by Robert Balfanz
- Louisiana Action Planning Worksheet
- School Community Planning Guide-UCLA
- Training Agenda
- Summit Agenda Planning Guide
- WDE 3 0 PCFE Continuum of Services TA Model
- Wyoming Dropout Recommendations
- Presentation on Dropout Prevention
- Rallying Your Community
- Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning (McREL)
- National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE)
- Wyoming Education Association (WEA)