Calling all CTE teachers and Career Advisers!
Fall School Improvement Conference September 23rd & 24th
Little America Hotel & Resort in Cheyenne
In conjunction with AdvancEd, the Wyoming Department of Education has arranged for speakers at the Fall School Improvement Conference in Cheyenne, September 23rd and 24th at the Little America Hotel & Resort. Speakers will include:
- Daniel Seddiqui, Author of "50 Jobs in 50 States"
- Dr. Jim Stone III, National Research Center for Career Technical Education
- Dr. Hans Meeder, Meeder Consulting Group, LLC
- Mimi Lufkin, National Alliance for Partnership in Equity
- Dr. Raymond Davis, South Carolina Department of Education
- Lauren Jones, Misti Ruthven, & Andrew Tucker, Colorado Community College System
- Mary Hopper, Wyoming DECA State Advisor
- Rochelle Rice, Natrona County Family and Consumer Science Teacher
- Dr. Scott Crisp and Samantha Smith, Jackson Hole High School Principal and CTE Coordinator
Please join us to hear these exceptional speakers and help promote Career Technical Education.
Public Comment Period Open for DRAFT CTE Standards
The CTE Standards Revision Committee has completed their first draft of the new CTE standards. The standards are now available for public comment. Please review the standards and complete the survey below to provide the committee feedback.
For more information regarding the standards review process, see the Standards Review page.
Announcing the CTE Newsletter!
We're developing a newsletter to better communicate with Wyoming CTE stakeholders. Each issue will be filled with good information, and we want you to collaborate and share your stories with us. Please send your contributions to Jennifer Anderson. Check out our previous editions below!
|Career Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs) |
CTSOs are career and technical education student organizations which form a local, state and national network. Wyoming has five key CTSOs and they are: DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America), FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America), FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), SkillsUSA, and FFA (Future Farmers of America).
Click here for details about the five Wyoming CTSOs
CTE Course Sequencing
A process where school districts align career and technical education courses within programs so students can take coursework that lead them to the workforce or postsecondary education. In Wyoming, state approved CTE course sequences provide additional funding to the school districts on an annual basis.
The Wyoming Careers page on the WDE website provides citizens with detailed career planning information that will guide them into a career field in which they have interest. The site provides Wyoming-specific information.
- Wyoming Select Committee on Recalibration: Career and Technical Ed